Sunday, January 9, 2011

why the angry jewess?

I am angry. My anger is not based on hatred, rather, it is love which fuels it. Love for the Other, humans and non-humans. Anger is a beautiful expression of the heart, it can be terrible, it can be sublime.
I am not perfect, and therefore I cannot claim to represent any universal truth other than that which my heart and soul lead me to express.
Judaism is my faith, not my religion. And though some will, no doubt, find a lot of my views and interpretations heretical and not at all politically correct, I make no apologies.
I am not trying to re-write Jewish theology, I am trying to re-define and re-think it, deconstruct dogma and re-discover, if only for my self, the seemingly forgotten beauty that has been lost in the new definitions expounded by political Zionists, definitions which I find not only morally objectionable but contrary to the spirit of fundamental inter-human ethics upon which Judaism, as I undestand it, is founded. I must add that I'm not by any means a theologian nor, much less, a trained philosopher. I only hope to write in the spirit of one who is slowly learning new ideas and concepts and attempting to express them in the context of my faith, which I'm also constantly learning about and discovering. And is it not that what faith is -- a personal journey of discovery?

Welcome, and thank you for your company on this wonderful voyage!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful beginning, my dear! Pure heart speaking, looking for the right path and the guide of reason! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! I'm looking forward to developing the blog, my philosophy and by extension my self :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaR_apH-kA&feature=share

    ReplyDelete